January 10, 2018
Specifically, the issue involving the scanner's abnormal termination during 7z archive scanning has been resolved. The updated version also features a number of interface optimisation tweaks.
Dr.Web Light for Android will update to the new version automatically. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, you must go to Google Play, choose Anti-virus Dr.Web Light on the application list, and tap "Update."
#Dr.Web #Android #update
December 11, 2017
- Because macOS High Sierra prompts users for permission to load kernel extensions, users are now also notified that anti-virus engine extensions need to be loaded.
- Dr.Web now better detects third-party software that may have compatibility issues with Dr.Web for macOS.
Known issues resolved:
- A problem interfering with the ability of macOS Sierra machines to work with a proxy server has been resolved: if the proxy server requires no authentication, default settings are now used.
- Minor UI tweaks make sure the interface is displayed correctly under macOS High Sierra.
To update the anti-virus to version 11.0.2, users need to download the new distribution.
#Dr.Web #macOS #update
November 21, 2017
The update corrects a critical error with the drweb-filecheck module; the error involved files with long names not being scanned as part of the directory.
In the drweb-icapd module, changes have been made to support RESPMOD requests that lack an HTTP request header.
The update is performed via the Dr.Web repository.#update #Dr.Web #UNIX #Linux
November 13, 2017
The changes have affected the request and service archive in user requests for those who have online Doctor Web accounts.
Use the handy widget in the header of our website to quickly open the Contact us service.
Users who don't yet have an account will only be able to use the widget to access the support request form.
But, after clicking on the widget, Dr.Web community members who have accounts on Doctor Web's site will be able to see all of their requests with their different statuses (new, unclosed, closed requests, and requests that need a response) and quickly open the needed request category. In addition, these users can open the new support request form directly from the widget.
We invite users to take advantage of the convenient features of our redesigned technical support system, which is adapted for mobile devices. Those who are not yet using Dr.Web or who have only used our free products can also access all of our information resources and the archive of their support service requestsóthey simply need to quickly register.
November 8, 2017
Specifically, the new version has had its scanning routines and usability improved. Furthermore, sound notifications are now only played if silent mode is turned off on the device.
Dr.Web Light for Android will be updated to the new version automatically. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, you must go to Google Play, choose Anti-virus Dr.Web Light on the application list, and tap "Update."
October 26, 2017
The new version includes enhanced settings protection. Use the Account item in the application menu to password-protect access to certain Dr.Web Security Space for Android components and settings. A password will also be necessary to access the new component—Parental Control.
Thanks to the addition of Parental Control, Dr.Web Security Space for Android can now be used to restrict other users' access to the Call and SMS filter, installed applications, the URL-filter, and Dr.Web settings. Thus, an account owner can protect any children who may be using their smartphone from unknown and unsolicited calls and messages, prevent the launch of certain applications, and make sure the anti-virus settings aren't tampered with.
The Security Auditor that comes with Dr.Web Security Space for Android detects a variety of vulnerabilities, such as Extra Field, Master Key, and Heartbleed, which can remain unpatched on Android-powered smartphones and tablets. The new component version is also able to discover BlueBorne and SIM Toolkit (CVE-2015-3843). For more information, please refer to this news post. In addition, the Security Auditor reviews information about certificates that have been installed by users.
Other changes in Dr.Web Security Space 12.0 for Android:
- The URL filter now incorporates white- and blacklists and enables the user to grant access only to whitelisted sites.
- Users can now purchase the product on Google Play before their current license expires.
- The application now supports YandexBrowser Lite.
- Files and system libraries can now in some cases be cured if root permissions are available on the device.
- A Dr.Web Anti-virus Service Agent configuration issue on Android devices has been resolved.
- Also fixed was an issue that prevented threat statistics from displaying correctly on the server (for Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite and Dr.Web AV-Desk).
- A defect causing the agent to disconnect from the Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite or Dr.Web AV-Desk server prior to an application restart has also been eliminated.
The update will be downloaded and installed automatically. If you disabled automatic updating on your device, go to Google Play, select the Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Security Space Life icon in the application list, and tap "Update”.
To perform an update via Doctor Web's site, download the updated distribution. If you enable the settings option “New application version”, a new version notification will be displayed whenever the virus databases have been updated. You can start the download directly from this dialogue box.
Dr.Web Security Space for Android is available free of charge to Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web Anti-virus license owners. The new version of Dr.Web for Android is also available as part of Dr.Web Mobile Security Suite (for business) and the Dr.Web Anti-virus service (for the Dr.Web Premium and Dr.Web Mobile subscription packages).